tterrag smis

Default JVC HDTV AV48WP30 - Red Tint / Lines in background .... Redness in the picture

Hi,

I have a JVC AV48WP30 HDTV. It has run flawlessly for the last 1.5 years.
Today my wife and 1 year old were near it for an extended period of time
(she was working / he was playing). When I sat down to watch TV tonight,
everything was all reddish.

Normally, when I switch between inputs (reg. TV, DVD, Digital Cable) the
background shows up as Grey in color. Now it is Red with Red curved lines
all over. While trying to watch several shows, I could see the reddish
curved lines (very lightly) during the darker (ie night-time) scenes.

I switched everything to B&W image and can still see the red lines.

Any ideas? Playing with the Tint helped a little, but not much and the
background still appears reddish.

My wife swears that our son didn't touch the TV - only the remote.

Hopefully I can fix this with a little guidance from you all and not have to
pay an arm and a leg I can't afford.

Thanks Much!

Garrett

One or more components has failed to the red driver or crt circuits.
Simply needs troubleshot by a qualified and trained technician to
determine the component failure in order to have the failed part
replaced.

Without some technical troubleshooting information, anything other than
call out a technician for an estimate of repair is simply not possible.

Given that it is a newer HDTV set, It is strongly recommended you call
someone who is JVC authorized for repair as they will have the service
manual and JVC training already on the set.

Rono

Likely that you have a bad red picture tube! I have done a few
of these! You MAY be able to turn down the red screen drive
behind the front cover, but more likely it's a tube! Rono.

Rono.

"tterrag smis" wrote in message
[...]

Hernan Martinez

Hi Rono,

Maybe the problem is magnetism. Try to find out if any magnetic source
is near the TV that previously not. If you cannot find the magnetic
source, maybe the TV has been magnetized and in that case you require
special equipment to demagnetize (Some people use to tinker with a
permanent magnet moving in the screen, but i don't recommend if you are
not experienced with this procedure).

Other source maybe the demagnetizing circuit, in which case, you have to
go to the service anyway.

Hope this will help you.

Rono wrote:
[...]

jango2

My wife swears that our son didn't touch the TV - only the remote.

Could be that your son pressed a sequence of buttons that sent the tv
into service mode and then he mis-calibrated it .

tterrag smis

That is entirely possible - I did some more tweaking and manage to get an
"acceptable picture" - not like it was, but the red isn't as noticable.

The way I have it set now, cartoons (Simpsons, Family Guy) show up great,
while movies (LOTR on TNT) look faded and/or washed.

Thanks
Garrett
oups.com...