Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
cajuncalibration

Default Tek 465M vert problem

I have a 465M w/ a problem. When you wiggle the Ch1 V/Div knob, the
display shrinks about .4 div from the correct calibrated position. I
thought dirty contacts, I pulled the assembly completely apart and
cleaned all contacts w/ 99.957% alcohol, all the fingers are in fine
shape, and there visually isn't anything wrong. However, I still have
the same problem. Now that I look back, is it a possibility that the
black rod that switches the reeds has gotten worn? I was just
wondering if anyone had this problem before, and if that was a
possibility. Everything on the scope works fine, and if you turn the
knob to the extremes of the detent, it works fine. Sorry for the
vagueness, I just wanted some advise before I tear it apart again.

Thanks,
Steve