Default HP LaserJet 8100/8150 Low Voltage Power Repair

I have an HP LaserJet 8150 which is displaying a 50.1 Fuser error,
which I tracked down to the Low Voltage Power Supply's 24V rail being
dead. I poked around the power supply a bit, but nothing is
immediately obviously broken. unfortunately, a replacement power
supply is about $250-$400. Are there any components on this power
supply that are common failure points I should specifically check?
Thanks!

David C. Partridge

I assume you've already hit the repair FAQ on SMPS repair?

Also with these beasts, IIRC, there's possibly some involvement from the
logic circuits telling the PSU to turn on certain sections. This *can* be
just poor ribbon cable connections or open circuits.

Dave
wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an HP LaserJet 8150 which is displaying a 50.1 Fuser error,
which I tracked down to the Low Voltage Power Supply's 24V rail being
dead. I poked around the power supply a bit, but nothing is
immediately obviously broken. unfortunately, a replacement power
supply is about $250-$400. Are there any components on this power
supply that are common failure points I should specifically check?
Thanks!

Bob Headrick

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an HP LaserJet 8150 which is displaying a 50.1 Fuser error,
which I tracked down to the Low Voltage Power Supply's 24V rail being
dead. I poked around the power supply a bit, but nothing is
immediately obviously broken. unfortunately, a replacement power
supply is about $250-$400.

I am not sure where you are, but in the US a refurb C4265-69006 power supply is
available from HP for $101 with return of the bad unit. See
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi...ch=C4265-69006
or go to http://partsurfer.hp.com and search for the LaserJet 8150.

Regards,

Regards

I did not know HP will swap it out for only $101. We're going to go
that route. Thanks!

Also, can anyone reccomend a good site on preventive maintence on these
printers? Unfortunately, service contracts were allowed to lapse on
these printers and I suspect these printers have been neglected, so I
would be interested in any tips/maintaince we can do (other than the
obvious of installing maintaince kits) to help keep them working well.