cajuncalibration

Default HP 8551b BWO

I have a HP 8551b, ser no 807-1979, and relay k4 is energizing
(filament overload relay for the bwo). Does anyone know where you can
buy bwo's anymore? The bwo is a Watkins Johnson, Model SE-213, Ser #
58958, it is a 2-4gc, heater 6.3V, appx anode 97V, cathode 7.2mA.
This has a date code from the 70's, and I picked up the unit for under
$60, so it doesn't suprise me at all that it's bad. I have a good
851b display, and really want to get this rf section running. As
always, if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Kamego
Steve Noll

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:57:20 -0600, cajuncalibration wrote:

I have a HP 8551b, ser no 807-1979, and relay k4 is energizing
(filament overload relay for the bwo). Does anyone know where you can
buy bwo's anymore? The bwo is a Watkins Johnson, Model SE-213, Ser #
58958, it is a 2-4gc, heater 6.3V, appx anode 97V, cathode 7.2mA.
This has a date code from the 70's, and I picked up the unit for under
$60, so it doesn't suprise me at all that it's bad. I have a good
851b display, and really want to get this rf section running. As
always, if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Kamego

Google Bogdan Electronic Research & Development. You should find a
phone number for Jim Bogdan. I got my 8551B with a spare BWO from him
about 15 years ago. He is/was a regular at the TRW swap meet. Don't
know if he's still in business. He might know of a source.
A friend of mine, even more years ago, replaced his 8551B BWO with a
solid state oscillator, maybe a YIG, but he did run into phase noise
problems with it. IIRC someone made a solid state replacement for the
BWO but I have no info on it.

Steve Noll | The Used Equipment Dealer Directory:
| http://www.big-list.com
| Peltier Information Directory:
| http://www.peltier-info.com

cajuncalibration

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 04:37:30 GMT, Steve Noll
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:57:20 -0600, cajuncalibration wrote:

I have a HP 8551b, ser no 807-1979, and relay k4 is energizing
(filament overload relay for the bwo). Does anyone know where you can
buy bwo's anymore? The bwo is a Watkins Johnson, Model SE-213, Ser #
58958, it is a 2-4gc, heater 6.3V, appx anode 97V, cathode 7.2mA.
This has a date code from the 70's, and I picked up the unit for under
$60, so it doesn't suprise me at all that it's bad. I have a good
851b display, and really want to get this rf section running. As
always, if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Kamego

Google Bogdan Electronic Research & Development. You should find a
phone number for Jim Bogdan. I got my 8551B with a spare BWO from him
about 15 years ago. He is/was a regular at the TRW swap meet. Don't
know if he's still in business. He might know of a source.
A friend of mine, even more years ago, replaced his 8551B BWO with a
solid state oscillator, maybe a YIG, but he did run into phase noise
problems with it. IIRC someone made a solid state replacement for the
BWO but I have no info on it.

Steve Noll | The Used Equipment Dealer Directory:
| http://www.big-list.com
| Peltier Information Directory:
| http://www.peltier-info.com

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anything on Bogdan R & D, I'll
keep looking. I sure wish I could find a solid state replacement, at
this point I have an 80 lb doorstop. Thanks again,

Steve Kamego
cajuncalibration

wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:57:20 -0600, cajuncalibration wrote:

I have a HP 8551b, ser no 807-1979, and relay k4 is energizing
(filament overload relay for the bwo). Does anyone know where you can
buy bwo's anymore? The bwo is a Watkins Johnson, Model SE-213, Ser #
58958, it is a 2-4gc, heater 6.3V, appx anode 97V, cathode 7.2mA.
This has a date code from the 70's, and I picked up the unit for under
$60, so it doesn't suprise me at all that it's bad. I have a good
851b display, and really want to get this rf section running. As
always, if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Kamego

Google Bogdan Electronic Research & Development. You should find a
phone number for Jim Bogdan. I got my 8551B with a spare BWO from him
about 15 years ago. He is/was a regular at the TRW swap meet. Don't
know if he's still in business. He might know of a source.
A friend of mine, even more years ago, replaced his 8551B BWO with a
solid state oscillator, maybe a YIG, but he did run into phase noise
problems with it. IIRC someone made a solid state replacement for the
BWO but I have no info on it.

Steve Noll | The Used Equipment Dealer Directory:
| http://www.big-list.com
| Peltier Information Directory:
| http://www.peltier-info.com

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anything on Bogdan R & D, I'll
keep looking. I sure wish I could find a solid state replacement, at
this point I have an 80 lb doorstop. Thanks again,

Steve Kamego

I spoke too soon, I found the company, will call tomorrow. Thanks
again,

Steve Kamego
nanu

wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:57:20 -0600, cajuncalibration wrote:

I have a HP 8551b, ser no 807-1979, and relay k4 is energizing
(filament overload relay for the bwo). Does anyone know where you can
buy bwo's anymore? The bwo is a Watkins Johnson, Model SE-213, Ser #
58958, it is a 2-4gc, heater 6.3V, appx anode 97V, cathode 7.2mA.
This has a date code from the 70's, and I picked up the unit for under
$60, so it doesn't suprise me at all that it's bad. I have a good
851b display, and really want to get this rf section running. As
always, if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Kamego

Google Bogdan Electronic Research & Development. You should find a
phone number for Jim Bogdan. I got my 8551B with a spare BWO from him
about 15 years ago. He is/was a regular at the TRW swap meet. Don't
know if he's still in business. He might know of a source.
A friend of mine, even more years ago, replaced his 8551B BWO with a
solid state oscillator, maybe a YIG, but he did run into phase noise
problems with it. IIRC someone made a solid state replacement for the
BWO but I have no info on it.

Steve Noll | The Used Equipment Dealer Directory:
| http://www.big-list.com
| Peltier Information Directory:
| http://www.peltier-info.com

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anything on Bogdan R & D, I'll
keep looking. I sure wish I could find a solid state replacement, at
this point I have an 80 lb doorstop. Thanks again,

Steve Kamego

I spoke too soon, I found the company, will call tomorrow. Thanks
again,

Steve Kamego

Steve,

If you can post an Email address, I will tell you about the
unused 8551B BWO that I have.

cajuncalibration

wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:57:20 -0600, cajuncalibration wrote:

I have a HP 8551b, ser no 807-1979, and relay k4 is energizing
(filament overload relay for the bwo). Does anyone know where you can
buy bwo's anymore? The bwo is a Watkins Johnson, Model SE-213, Ser #
58958, it is a 2-4gc, heater 6.3V, appx anode 97V, cathode 7.2mA.
This has a date code from the 70's, and I picked up the unit for under
$60, so it doesn't suprise me at all that it's bad. I have a good
851b display, and really want to get this rf section running. As
always, if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Kamego

Google Bogdan Electronic Research & Development. You should find a
phone number for Jim Bogdan. I got my 8551B with a spare BWO from him
about 15 years ago. He is/was a regular at the TRW swap meet. Don't
know if he's still in business. He might know of a source.
A friend of mine, even more years ago, replaced his 8551B BWO with a
solid state oscillator, maybe a YIG, but he did run into phase noise
problems with it. IIRC someone made a solid state replacement for the
BWO but I have no info on it.

Steve Noll | The Used Equipment Dealer Directory:
| http://www.big-list.com
| Peltier Information Directory:
| http://www.peltier-info.com

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anything on Bogdan R & D, I'll
keep looking. I sure wish I could find a solid state replacement, at
this point I have an 80 lb doorstop. Thanks again,

Steve Kamego

I spoke too soon, I found the company, will call tomorrow. Thanks
again,

Steve Kamego

Steve,

If you can post an Email address, I will tell you about the
unused 8551B BWO that I have.

skamego*at*hotmai*dot*com