cajuncalibration

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:22:38 -0600, cajuncalibration wrote:

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 04:37:30 GMT, Steve Noll
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:57:20 -0600, cajuncalibration wrote:

I have a HP 8551b, ser no 807-1979, and relay k4 is energizing
(filament overload relay for the bwo). Does anyone know where you can
buy bwo's anymore? The bwo is a Watkins Johnson, Model SE-213, Ser #
58958, it is a 2-4gc, heater 6.3V, appx anode 97V, cathode 7.2mA.
This has a date code from the 70's, and I picked up the unit for under
$60, so it doesn't suprise me at all that it's bad. I have a good
851b display, and really want to get this rf section running. As
always, if anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve Kamego

Google Bogdan Electronic Research & Development. You should find a
phone number for Jim Bogdan. I got my 8551B with a spare BWO from him
about 15 years ago. He is/was a regular at the TRW swap meet. Don't
know if he's still in business. He might know of a source.
A friend of mine, even more years ago, replaced his 8551B BWO with a
solid state oscillator, maybe a YIG, but he did run into phase noise
problems with it. IIRC someone made a solid state replacement for the
BWO but I have no info on it.

Steve Noll | The Used Equipment Dealer Directory:
| http://www.big-list.com
| Peltier Information Directory:
| http://www.peltier-info.com

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find anything on Bogdan R & D, I'll
keep looking. I sure wish I could find a solid state replacement, at
this point I have an 80 lb doorstop. Thanks again,

Steve Kamego

I spoke too soon, I found the company, will call tomorrow. Thanks
again,

Steve Kamego