Darmok

Default anyone with Lite-On LVW-5005 experience?

Hi,

My brother has reported to me that his Lite On LVW-5005 DVD
recorder/player will not make it past the "Welcome Screen" when
powered up. He's tried unplugging it and plugging it back in,
then powering it up, but it still freezes at the 'welcome screen'.

I have the same model and have had no problems with it, nor has one of
my friends who has the same model.

I don't know if these units have a "power on reset" routine that can
be accessed by some kind of key press sequence on power up.

Anyone have any experience with these units?

TIA.
none

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:32:51 -0400, Darmok
wrote:

Hi,

My brother has reported to me that his Lite On LVW-5005 DVD
recorder/player will not make it past the "Welcome Screen" when
powered up. He's tried unplugging it and plugging it back in,
then powering it up, but it still freezes at the 'welcome screen'.

I have the same model and have had no problems with it, nor has one of
my friends who has the same model.

I don't know if these units have a "power on reset" routine that can
be accessed by some kind of key press sequence on power up.

Anyone have any experience with these units?

TIA.

There are a number of Liteon user groups on the web. Try googling for
them and asking there.

Here are the few links I have:

http://www.regionfreedvd.net/player/oritron.html

http://www.cdfreaks.com/

http://www.nerd-out.com/apex/

http://rdell.best.vwh.net/apex/

While none of these are for liteon in particular I've found that they
can usually point me in the right direction for hacks and such for.