poohgal423

Default RCA F20600ET ColorTrak

A friend of mine gave me this TV, and while it has a great picture, for
the life of me, I can't figure out how to hook up a VCR or DVD player
to it. It has inputs on the back of it, but when I hook up my DVD
player to it, I can't get anything to appear on the screen other than
the regular channels. It almost seems that the TV doesn't recognize a
video input channel or something. Does anybody know if there is a way
to program the TV to recognize the video input? I've tried the
antenna/cable input through the menue, but it doesn't give an option of
configuration through a VCR or adding in any sort of an auxillary like
a DVD player.

Thanks -- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Weitzel

poohgal423 wrote:
A friend of mine gave me this TV, and while it has a great picture, for
the life of me, I can't figure out how to hook up a VCR or DVD player
to it. It has inputs on the back of it, but when I hook up my DVD
player to it, I can't get anything to appear on the screen other than
the regular channels. It almost seems that the TV doesn't recognize a
video input channel or something. Does anybody know if there is a way
to program the TV to recognize the video input? I've tried the
antenna/cable input through the menue, but it doesn't give an option of
configuration through a VCR or adding in any sort of an auxillary like
a DVD player.

Thanks -- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi...

Try tuning the tv to channel 90, or 91, or 92. Might work,
worth a try.

Ken

John J.Turley

poohgal423 wrote:
A friend of mine gave me this TV, and while it has a great picture, for
the life of me, I can't figure out how to hook up a VCR or DVD player
to it. It has inputs on the back of it, but when I hook up my DVD
player to it, I can't get anything to appear on the screen other than
the regular channels. It almost seems that the TV doesn't recognize a
video input channel or something. Does anybody know if there is a way
to program the TV to recognize the video input? I've tried the
antenna/cable input through the menue, but it doesn't give an option of
configuration through a VCR or adding in any sort of an auxillary like
a DVD player.

Thanks -- any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had TVs where you have to select video source in the menus. I also
had a set where putting the TV on Channel one (Ch1) was video/audio
input. Also one where Video Input was a channel above the highest channel.