Dave M

Default Panasonic PV-D4744S video level adjustment

I have a Panasonic PV-D4744S VCR/DVD player combo, no service manual. Can
anyone tell me if this unit has an internal video level adjustment? The video,
as taken from any of the rear panel video connections, appears darker than
normal.
The picture is viewable, but much darker than normal, and occurs whether the
source is the VCR, the DVD, or tuner.
The video is so dark that the brightness on any TV to which it is connected
can't compensate. The darker potions of a scene, which are clearly visible when
played on another DVD player, appear black. Colors appear to be normal.

If there is an adjustment, I would like to know where it is located. Otherwise,
does anyone have any useful suggestions as to the cause of the problem? I'm a
technician, but been out of the TV industry since early 80's, so I can easily
find my way around the electronics with a few tips as to where to look.

Thanks for any assistance.

==============

Dave M

JANA

The way you are describing things, I would be looking for something
defective in the unit, rather than trying to adjust it!

Many of these consumer units have a set-up, that requires an external
interface, or they have a service mode. More than likely you will require
the service manual if you decide to do any type of work on it.

--

JANA
_____

"Dave M" wrote in message
[...]

There is no "analog" video adjustment available for field service....
it is done in firmware and software at the factory.
To be certain about your diagnosis you should view the
baseband video (terminated into 75 ohms) on a scope to verify that it
is
close to the specified 1V PP (0.7V video plus 0.3V sync)
Only then can you know what is really wrong with the signal.
Also.... is the signal equally "dark" with BOTH the RF (channel 3 or 4)
into the television's tuner and the baseband video output into the
television's A/V input. The results of that question and the outcome
of the scope measurement should help you to isolate the problem.
electricitym
..
..

level mystery Silvan Woodworking 37 January 31st 05 12:55 AM
Level a lathe Cliff Metalworking 0 December 16th 04 01:38 AM
Sony tv KV36 jumps to video input on ANY remote entry Roy and Rosa Electronics Repair 3 June 3rd 04 01:08 AM
NTSC-compatible video signal circuit - ntsc.pdf (0/1) Rico Rivera Electronics 1 April 13th 04 06:57 PM
Laser level??? Sorta........ Tom Metalworking 9 December 30th 03 10:19 AM