Sunflower

Default My Drum Machine is Dead

I have a Boss Dr Rhythm drum machine that is completely dead. It won't
light up with batteries or AC/DC converter. I stored it for several years
with the batteries in it. I seem to recall someone somewhere saying this
was bad for devices because the batteries leach/leak into the circuits or
something.
Does anyone have any advice on how to approach fixing it or what the
problem might be. I am obviously a novice.
Thanks much.
Landon

Sunflower wrote:
I have a Boss Dr Rhythm drum machine that is completely dead. It won't
light up with batteries or AC/DC converter. I stored it for several years
with the batteries in it. I seem to recall someone somewhere saying this
was bad for devices because the batteries leach/leak into the circuits or
something.
Does anyone have any advice on how to approach fixing it or what the
problem might be. I am obviously a novice.
Thanks much.

Hi,

Open the battey compartment, if the entire compartment has been eaten
and corroded by the battery acid from leaking batteries you MAY be able
to fix it.

If the compartment has not been eaten up by battery acid the problem
lies elsewhere.

Please reply back on what condition the battery compartment is.

-Landon
Sunflower

No. The compartment appears to be intact. No acid damage that I can see.

Pat Ziegler

"Sunflower" wrote in message
7.77...
I have a Boss Dr Rhythm drum machine that is completely dead. It won't
light up with batteries or AC/DC converter. I stored it for several years
with the batteries in it. I seem to recall someone somewhere saying this
was bad for devices because the batteries leach/leak into the circuits or
something.
Does anyone have any advice on how to approach fixing it or what the
problem might be. I am obviously a novice.
Thanks much.

Well, since it is dead and you really have nothing to loose, You might as
well open it up and have a look inside. If you are lucky you might find
something obvious like a wire broke of or some other physical damage or even
a blown fuse.

Other than that it would be difficult at best to try and trouble shoot over
a news group. Have you contacted Boss?

Any tech with a volt meter should be able to check the basics but if it has
componant problems you might be out of luck..

Pat Ziegler
WWW.WEISD.COM

Alex Bird

Sunflower wrote:
I have a Boss Dr Rhythm drum machine that is completely dead. It won't
light up with batteries or AC/DC converter. I stored it for several years
with the batteries in it.

You haven't used it for several years ? Have you perhaps forgotten how
to work it ? It has been known...

Gareth Magennis

Great, now get some real drums! Sorry, always hated those machines!

JimD - Real Drummer!

At least drum machines tend not to have alcohol problems. Unless you spill
some on them.

Gareth.