Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jakdedert

Default HP 3200m

I purchased this a couple of years ago for cheap, replaced the BIOS DIMM for
a few bucks and have been enjoying it and it's sibling (got a package deal)
for a long time. As detailed in the 'Lightning' thread, it's not working
after taking a surge through (I believe) the phone line.

I have the service manual. The error code which comes up is not detailed
within. Actually there are two codes: a '79 Service Error' which, in the
manual necessitates the replacement of the 'formatter board'. That term was
unfamiliar to me, but it appears to be the main CPU board.

The second line of the lcd reads '322 DOWNLOAD_MODEM.O' Nothing concerning
that message appears in the service manual. I've done an engine test, which
was positive; and I've swapped the memory and BIOS DIMMs from the working
unit to no avail.

Is anyone familiar with this specific model? Should I spend another $25
with HP tech support (money well spent the 1st time)?

jak