Ed

Default can join Bi-amp signal to normal (single terminal) speakers?

Hi, I don't know much about electronics, so I would like some help. I
have a bi-amp mini hifi, and I want to connect one decent set of normal
hifi speakers (ie with only one set of terminals per cabinet) to it
that will reproduce the whole tonal range. can I just run the wires for
the left bass and the left treble from my hifi onto the single set of
terminals on my left speaker and the same respectively for the right?
ie. can I join up the wires from the separated bi-amp signals so that I
effectively merge the signals again, and stick the joined up wires
straigt into non bi amped speakers without blowing anything up? are
there any issues of changing resistance when the signals from the bass
and the treble are connected in paralell in order to do this? Any help
would be much appreciated.

Ken Weitzel

Ed wrote:
Hi, I don't know much about electronics, so I would like some help. I
have a bi-amp mini hifi, and I want to connect one decent set of normal
hifi speakers (ie with only one set of terminals per cabinet) to it
that will reproduce the whole tonal range. can I just run the wires for
the left bass and the left treble from my hifi onto the single set of
terminals on my left speaker and the same respectively for the right?
ie. can I join up the wires from the separated bi-amp signals so that I
effectively merge the signals again, and stick the joined up wires
straigt into non bi amped speakers without blowing anything up? are
there any issues of changing resistance when the signals from the bass
and the treble are connected in paralell in order to do this? Any help
would be much appreciated.

Hi Ed...

In my humble opinion you're almost certain to immediately
destroy the output stages of your amplifier.

Suggest you find another solution.

Take care.

Ken

In a word NO. You will fry at least one of the amps if not both.

Why don't you seperate the woofer wires in the speaker and drill a
small hole in the back so you will still have the advantage of
bi-amping ? Just make sure of phasing.

You could concievably run the outputs through a crossover backwards,
but that is ridiculous, plus it will still present an abnormal load to
the amps. How they would handle it is unknown, and if the frequency of
the crossover doesn't match the frequency of the amp's crossover it's
likely to fry, plus it won't sound right.

JURB