Tippi

Default miniDV cam problem

My JVC miniDV cam has developed a problem. When I turned it on
yesterday, it immediately started to zoom in to 10x without me touching
anything. To take video, I had to manually zoom out and hold the switch
on the zoom-out position. As soon as I release it, it zooms in again.
The switch is also used for FF and REW in vcr mode. After fiddling with
it for a while, the REW function, which is the same as the zoom-in
position, no longer work. Does it sound like a mechanical issue? would
it cost a lot to replace the switch? (got it on eBay in 2003 for $200
so want to know if it's worth repairing). TIA

Jerry G.

Replace the switch. The main job is to unassemble, and work with the
surface mount technology soldering, if it is an SMD type switch.

You will have to order a new switch from JVC.

Since much of the assembly is very delicate, you may run in to some
problems if you are not used to this type of work. You will also
require the proper soldering station to change the switch.

Jerry G.
======