Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Switch won't turn of Outlet

I recently replaced a switch(interupter) and a duplex
outlet(receptacle) in my home. The switch had the ability to turn
on/off power to the top outlet on the duplex receptacle. After
replacing the switch and the receptacle I get no response from the
switch. Both the top and bottom outlets on the receptacle have power,
but I can no longer turn off the power to the top outlet of the duplex
receptacle. I'm using Levition Decora products and have confirmed by
looking at the old switch and recpetacle that I have bought the proper
replacements. I've included a link to a diagram I drew of my current
wire setup, can anyone give me some insight into why the switch doesn't
work?

Here is the link:
http://www.strangemedia.net/receptacle.gif

P.S - Before replacing anything I wrote down the placement of all the
wires and I don't believe the wires are connected incorrectly.