Sam Goldwasser

"DaveM" writes:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes, those of you that told me that I probably didn't break the link on
the hot side are correct! And yes I make sure to to turn off all
breakers powering the room before working on the receptacle. Folks, I
hope there is some science a neat way to break the connection on the
hot side(red, black side in my case...also the brass screw side). I'm
going to do some research about breaking this link before I do it. But
if anyone has any experience breaking the link on a standard duplex
Leviton receptacle I would love some pointers. I updated my diagram to
illustrate what I believe you all recommend I do.

http://www.strangemedia.net/receptacle.gif

Get a pair of wire cutters. Clip the link at each end so that there's no
danger of the ends touching again. Reassemble.

Usually, you can just bend the link back and forth a couple of times and
it will come off in its entirety.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.