robert casey

Default Aiwa VX-S131U no picture or sound, but has OSD, also VCR not working

This is a combo TV and VCR. Something died yesterday. No
more reception from the antenna or even the video input jacks.
I do have on screen display. If I disconnect the video line
that feeds the TV board and inject video from a DVD player
I get a normal picture on the screen. The VCR mechanicals
are dead, though some of the buttons will cause OSD on the
screen.

I think the fault is in the VCR module. Anyone with any
experience with this or similar models? I realize that
this thing is 10 years old, but if there is an easy repair
(like replace Qxxx) That would be great. If it's "replace
expensive unobtanium ICxxx" well forget it....

In any event, I can get the TV display screen to function as
a color video monitor. I figured out how to strap two power
control lines normally controlled by the microprocessor that listens to
the buttons and remote to get the display to fire up.