Default Help!! Pioneer head unit Won't take cd's

I have a deh-p4000 head unit. Last time it worked I ejected a cd to
put another one in. When i tried to put the new cd in it didn't
reconize the cd player at all. There is a function button on the unit
that selects
tuner , mcd, and cd. The tuner comes up, Mcd (changer) comes up, but
the cd player for the head unit doesn't. It used to come up even when a
cd was not in the unit. ACK ! I can force the cd in and hit eject and
it ejects fine. The funniest thing is the function button not bringing
up the cd player. Its like it just decided it wasn't there.

James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...

I have a deh-p4000 head unit. Last time it worked I ejected a cd to
put another one in. When i tried to put the new cd in it didn't
reconize the cd player at all. There is a function button on the unit
that selects
tuner , mcd, and cd. The tuner comes up, Mcd (changer) comes up, but
the cd player for the head unit doesn't. It used to come up even when a
cd was not in the unit. ACK ! I can force the cd in and hit eject and
it ejects fine. The funniest thing is the function button not bringing
up the cd player. Its like it just decided it wasn't there.

Try completely disconnecting power for a few minutes then hook it back up.

I went out this morning and it took a cd , its working!! . I decided
to change it cd and BAM its doing the same thing.. ack!

kevin

check interconnect ribbon between cd mech. and the main board may need
a new one

Bridgeport quill to head clearance? Jon Anderson Metalworking 4 March 8th 05 11:29 PM
Followup: York heat pump replacement - quote sounds high, thoughts? Peter Drier Home Repair 5 June 26th 04 07:31 AM
Adjusting audio head on Pana NV-9100 U-Matic Wild Bill Electronics Repair 0 June 12th 04 01:41 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Central air condenser unit failing? Walter Cohen Home Ownership 3 July 15th 03 12:48 AM