Don Lancaster

Default Refurb blog updated

The refurb log of GuruGram #34 has just been extensively expanded and
updated.

Free downloads are now available at http://www.tinaja.com/glib/refurblg.pdf
Sourcecode at http://www.tinaja.com/glib/refurblg.psl

Additional GuruGrams at http://www.tinaja.com/gurgrm01.asp

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Kurt

In article ,
Don Lancaster wrote:

http://www.tinaja.com/gurgrm01

Looks more like a pay-per-click spectacular.
Think I'll pass...

Chris

Kurt wrote:
In article ,
Don Lancaster wrote:

http://www.tinaja.com/gurgrm01

Looks more like a pay-per-click spectacular.
Think I'll pass...

Clean your glasses and look again. I believe you can click on a link
to advertise as a Banner Advertiser or Synergetics Partner. You're not
required to do that to read any content on the website. And other than
that, all content on that page is free as far as I can tell. And worth
reading. (Possibly you're getting a problem because all the articles
are in .pdf format, and you don't have the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Or
the latest version of the Reader might be your problem. Or your
browser might be infected with something.)

I have _never_ read _anything_ written by Mr. Lancaster that wasn't a
good investment of time, and have paid for several of his books and
always felt I've gotten more than my money's worth. I've still got his
Active Filter Cookbook in the back of my desk drawer in case of
emergencies. It's held together with a rubber band, because the
paperback binding glue gave out long before its usefulness. I've also
bought many magazines over the years where his articles (the old
Hardware Hacker columns) were the best reason (and toward the end just
about the only reason) to buy the magazine.

I got a tip on Tek 2213 scopes I wish I'd known years ago from Mr.
Lancaster's refurb article. Also, he said something about 465s I'd
like to try next time I've got one open.

Get an old copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader and take a look around the
tinaja.com website, if you're open to learning something. It's nearly
all free, too.

Good luck
Chris

Don Lancaster

Chris wrote:

Get an old copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader and take a look around the
tinaja.com website, if you're open to learning something. It's nearly
all free, too.

Good luck
Chris

Beter yet, combine a new and free Acrobat 7 reader with a LCD display.
The legibility is now MUCH BETTER than a printed page!

But be sure the display is in its native mode at highest res and that
the Cool Type and Smooth Text reader options are activated. Sadly, these
superb subpixel techniques will --- NOT --- work with a CRT.

Some additional details at http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu05.pdf

Books have just gone the way of printed circuit tape and dots.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Ed Mars

Don Lancaster wrote:

The refurb log of GuruGram #34 has just been extensively expanded and
updated.

Looks more like GuruSpam to me.

Ed