L K

Default Question about electronic Rolodex

First, let me preface my question by saying that I don't understand
electronics at all. (Which is why I have Webtv instead of a computer).

My question---I have an electronic Rolodex that the display screen is
going bad. There are sections of the screen that parts of words don't
display at all. Is there any fix for this? Can it be repaired, or is
it just pretty much toast now?

Thanks
Laura

NSM

"L K" wrote in message
First, let me preface my question by saying that I don't understand
electronics at all. (Which is why I have Webtv instead of a computer).

My question---I have an electronic Rolodex that the display screen is
going bad. There are sections of the screen that parts of words don't
display at all. Is there any fix for this? Can it be repaired, or is
it just pretty much toast now?

Depends on the price. If less than $60 say, probably not worth repair.

Wild Bill

A friend had a dictionary-thesaurus, Franklin brand I think, with a
cracked/broken display.
The company didn't have replacement parts available, but instead offered a
reconditioned unit, but the price was about the same as a new one from a
discount retail store.
You might try contacting the company for a replacement.. depending upon the
age of the unit, they might offer a better deal.
Your stored data would most likely be lost with a replacement, or a repair
depot repair.

It could possibly be repaired, but these small portable appliances aren't
very cost effective to repair, for either the repair shop or the consumer.

If the dislpay changes as you firmly but *gently* squeeze the case (not the
display), it may be that the connections between the display and the circuit
board are not as secure as they were when it was manufactured.
This is likely to be repairable, but it's often too bothersome to work on
these types of devices.

Cheers
WB

Electronic ballast. Terry Home Repair 3 December 22nd 04 10:16 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
low voltage dimmer question David Martin Home Ownership 6 January 24th 04 02:11 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM