Chris Dawley

Default Zenith Television

I have a Zenith PVY4665DT Television that I am trying to fix. The tv has no
video or sound. I am unable to get a schematic or service manual. The TV
has been sitting up for about a year. I tried to remove the main module but
the flyback wire is in the way. I am leery about removing the wire because
of the voltage stored in the flyback. If the TV has been sitting up for
that long, is the voltage slowly leaking out or is it stored in the
transformer?

Chris Dawley

Had a chance this weekend to take the wire out and check out the main board.
Checked for cold soldier joints but didn't find any. Checked diodes but
couldn't find any bad ones as well. What else could it be? The set has no
video or sound. Any information would be helpful.
"Art" wrote in message
Any charge has long since been disappeared, just take the HV lead our of
the splitter.
"Chris Dawley" wrote in message
. ..
I have a Zenith PVY4665DT Television that I am trying to fix. The tv has
no video or sound. I am unable to get a schematic or service manual. The
TV has been sitting up for about a year. I tried to remove the main
module but the flyback wire is in the way. I am leery about removing the
wire because of the voltage stored in the flyback. If the TV has been
sitting up for that long, is the voltage slowly leaking out or is it
stored in the transformer?

Art

Common failure was one of the main supply diodes in the SMPS, usually the
area of the pcb around the diode will be discoloured and the solder
connections appear burnt or charred. This will include other components
associated with that particular circuit.
"Art" wrote in message
Any charge has long since been disappeared, just take the HV lead our of
the splitter.
"Chris Dawley" wrote in message
. ..
I have a Zenith PVY4665DT Television that I am trying to fix. The tv has
no video or sound. I am unable to get a schematic or service manual.
The TV has been sitting up for about a year. I tried to remove the main
module but the flyback wire is in the way. I am leery about removing the
wire because of the voltage stored in the flyback. If the TV has been
sitting up for that long, is the voltage slowly leaking out or is it
stored in the transformer?

Chris Dawley

just out of curiosity, I have some type of glue substance all over my main
board. It looks like a wood glue texture. Is that glue or could it be that
leaky picture tube problem? Everything on my board seems to be fine except
that I don't have any power to the unit. I can't locate a couple of parts
and it would be easier with a schematic but I am unable to locate one. The
part I am having trouble finding is IC3415. The CRX3412, HOT, and flyback
all seem to be good. I haven't had a chance to hook the unit up to power
and test the voltage coming out of the unit. Is it necessary to hook the
unit to voltage and test the diode and HOT?

Thanks,

Chris