Rono

Default RCA CTC 203 27" T.V.!

Sound ok, no high voltage/raster. Repaired horizontal drive coil,
now T.V. is on channel three, but change channel, the number
changes, but unit stays tuned to channel 3. In the menu, I can't
find anywhere to auto search for channels. I have two more CTC
203's repaired next to this one, & search is in the menu. Did the
EEPROM get corrupted, by the bad drive connection? Or is the
Gemstar bad? Rono.

Art

Guide setup, switch off the selection for CABLE BOX to allow the set's
internal tuner to operate. If you can see the on screen indicator that it is
on channel three, and the on screen menu then you do have high voltage and a
raster, probably no video?? Trouble shoot the video processing circuits.
"Rono" wrote in message
Sound ok, no high voltage/raster. Repaired horizontal drive coil,
now T.V. is on channel three, but change channel, the number
changes, but unit stays tuned to channel 3. In the menu, I can't
find anywhere to auto search for channels. I have two more CTC
203's repaired next to this one, & search is in the menu. Did the
EEPROM get corrupted, by the bad drive connection? Or is the
Gemstar bad? Rono.

sofie

Rono:
simple enough..... completely DISCONNECT the Gemstar so you do not get
confused by which device is showing channel numbers then you can determine
if the television can receive off-air or cable channels with it's own
tuner...... and the channel numbers you see will definitely be the
television's.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Rono" wrote in message
snipped:
Or is theGemstar bad? Rono.

Jason D.

On Tue, 10 May 2005 11:29:29 -0700, "sofie" wrote:

Rono:
simple enough..... completely DISCONNECT the Gemstar so you do not get
confused by which device is showing channel numbers then you can determine
if the television can receive off-air or cable channels with it's own
tuner...... and the channel numbers you see will definitely be the
television's.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

Whoa whoa whoa.

There are two types of gemstar modules; one ribbon (Gemstar3) and two
ribbons (Gemstar4).

Ok, The 203 chassis that is equipped with gemstar3 you can unplug and
operate chassis without gemstar3 because chassis has own micro on the
chassis itself. The other chassis that uses gemstar4, cannot do this
since the gemstar4 IS the MICRO!

There are several chassis that has no gemstar3 module installed, and
some that does have gemstar3 and if module is malfunctioning, you can
unplug it permenantly.

By the way, remember was asking about info and doing a CTC203 chassis
conversion from 27" to 19" is a SUCCESS! By the way, installed the
beam-sense power supply regulation feedback that some of commerical
ctc203 came with. That is MUCH better picture stability than normal
19" used to be but I still wish there is room for improvements on that
picture blooming that plagues many TVs.

Cheers, Wizard