Seafarer

Default Golf Trolley

Anyone familiar with remote electric golf trolleys?Mine came from the
USA and after the front wheel went down a rabbit hole it buckled.I've
never seen anything so flimsy,I had the trolley replaced and the same
thing happened! I had it strengthened and it ran for a week.It has two
180 motors[one for each wheel and it ran up the hills easily,now the
motors turn the shafts but it will not run the wheels.If I hold the
trolley off the ground the wheels turn as they should but the moment
you place them on the ground the shaft spins but the wheels won't turn
What,in these motors can be stopping the wheels when a load is
applied?If I disconnect the wheels from the shaft and run it as an
ordinary trolley it glides along smoothly so its not the wheels
locking.Battery is well charged,fuses are all correct.
I really have no idea about the coupling of a motor to a
shaft.Returning it is not an option as I had it modified to strenghen
the front.I'm at a loss over this one.Any help appreciated.
I really have no idea about the coupling of a motor to a
shaft.Returning it is not an option as I had it modified to strengthen
the front.I'm at a loss over this one.Any help appreciated.
Ken Weitzel

Seafarer wrote:
[...]

Hi Seafarer...

Don't have one, but just a wild guess if I may?

Is it possible that there's a shear pin locking each of
the wheels to the shaft?

Dunno where you are, so whether you're necessarily using the
same words we do... shear pin - the sacrificial little
bar that in its most common use connects a boat motor
propeller to the shaft. Prop hits something immovable and
the little pin breaks instead of breaking something in the
motor itself.

Take care.

Ken

the shaft?

Kim Sleep

Is it also possible that the batteries are now basically shot, and no longer
have the amperage capacity to actually run the cart, although they will turn
the wheels when the cart is off the ground?.
I had the same problem with afriends Power Wheel unit (kids toy). The wheels
would run like crazy when the unit was off the ground, but once the unit was
placed on the ground, they had no power. Once the batteries were replaced,
the unit was fine.
"Seafarer" wrote in message
[...]

Seafarer

On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:05:01 GMT, (Seafarer)
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the replies,the shear pins as you call them are on the
shaft,they slot into the wheel at it provides torgue,if you slide them
out a tad you can use them as a normal hand trolley.
As for the batteries they are fully charged up with my charger and are
brand new with the unit,I suppose I could try a friends battery but
it's a long shot but worth a try.
Who knows how many duff returned batteries are shipped off to overseas
customers.Many thanks for the info.Unfortunatley I am under hospital
treatment and need the electric trolley to get around the course.Bit
buggered at the moment .Regards

Seafarer

Seafarer wrote:

[...]

Thanks it's just a thumb catch from the outside of the wheel,I have
double checked that and even replaced them with spare wheels.No
go.Thanks anyway