Ryan Stalter

Default RCA model F32665 TV not turning on. help?

hello, our main tv, a RCA model F32665 just stopped working the other day.
It had worked the night prior fine but when we went to turn it on the next,
we got nothing. when you press the power button, it makes a sound, quite
similar to the sound it makes when you turn it on, but nothing
happens...and this sound repeats itself a few times but eventually stops.
any ideas as to what the problem might be? thanks!

-Ryan

Ideas? Tv needs some standard troubleshooting to determine the
failure.
So far we know it does not turn on.

Ryan:
You should visit the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
There you will find a lot of useful information that will help you or
someone more technically inclined to perform some basic troubleshooting
and testing. If some detailed and pertinent results are posted then
just maybe you will get some more specific repair suggestions.
If all of this is beyond your experience level then you should TAKE the
television to a service shop for at the very least a repair cost
estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts
instead of wild internet or telephone guesses.
electricitym

Ryan Stalter wrote:
hello, our main tv, a RCA model F32665 just stopped working the other

day.
It had worked the night prior fine but when we went to turn it on the

next,
we got nothing. when you press the power button, it makes a sound,

quite
similar to the sound it makes when you turn it on, but nothing
happens...and this sound repeats itself a few times but eventually

stops.
any ideas as to what the problem might be? thanks!

-Ryan

Ryan Stalter

Thanks for the site, i'll check it out...I've worked on guitar amps before
but never a TV, nor would i know where to get a schematic do to any
readings. Thanks

-ryan

wrote in
ups.com:

Ryan Stalter wrote:
hello, our main tv, a RCA model F32665 just stopped working the other

day.
It had worked the night prior fine but when we went to turn it on the

next,
we got nothing. when you press the power button, it makes a sound,

quite
similar to the sound it makes when you turn it on, but nothing
happens...and this sound repeats itself a few times but eventually

stops.
any ideas as to what the problem might be? thanks!

-Ryan

Kohler sink model # riddle [email protected] Home Ownership 2 January 5th 05 11:50 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Model engineering book (brand new)for sale on ebay Herbie Metalworking 0 August 23rd 04 01:29 PM
WARNING. DeWALT And Black and Decker Tools causing serious Injury and Death. tester Home Repair 16 May 27th 04 12:45 PM
Pen Turning Initial Shopping List Greg M Woodturning 1 March 20th 04 01:41 AM