rutman

Default Battery confusion! :) please help a noob

Hi guys.

I have a question about battery and voltage. Please correct me if i am
wrong.

If you add two batteries in a series, you double the voltage and Ah ?

lets take an example

if i add two batteries each rated at 6 volts 12 Ah that means that I
am doubling the voltage output as well as the Ah

12 volts 24Ah

is the above correct?

thanks.

rutman:
NO..... the voltage is doubled BUT the AH stays the same... so the
end result in your example would be 12 Volts @ 12 AH
electricitym
- - - - - - - -

rutman wrote:
Hi guys.

I have a question about battery and voltage. Please correct me if i

am
wrong.

If you add two batteries in a series, you double the voltage and Ah ?

lets take an example

if i add two batteries each rated at 6 volts 12 Ah that means that I
am doubling the voltage output as well as the Ah

12 volts 24Ah

is the above correct?

thanks.

rutman

thanks everyone!!!!!

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:07:11 +0100, "John Smith"
wrote:

If you want to double the voltage AND the Ah, it'll take four batteries: two
sets of two, each set having the battereries in series (as you described),
and the two sets together in parallel.

"rutman" wrote in message
.. .
THANKS for the quick post!!!!

back to the drawing board grin!

rutman wrote:
Hi guys.

I have a question about battery and voltage. Please correct me if i
am
wrong.

If you add two batteries in a series, you double the voltage and Ah ?

lets take an example

if i add two batteries each rated at 6 volts 12 Ah that means that I
am doubling the voltage output as well as the Ah

12 volts 24Ah

is the above correct?

thanks.

JW

wrote in Message id: :

If you want to double the voltage AND the Ah, it'll take four batteries: two
sets of two, each set having the battereries in series (as you described),
and the two sets together in parallel.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not a good idea at all, unless diodes are used.
Ken Weitzel

rutman wrote:

Hi guys.

I have a question about battery and voltage. Please correct me if i am
wrong.

If you add two batteries in a series, you double the voltage and Ah ?

lets take an example

if i add two batteries each rated at 6 volts 12 Ah that means that I
am doubling the voltage output as well as the Ah

12 volts 24Ah

is the above correct?

thanks.

Hi...