m127

Default Denon DCD-1450 laser measurements, TE, FE servos

Hi there,

I'd like to know if any of you has got the service manual for the
Denon dcd-1450, and can check how the laser diode current can be
measured. The player has a Sharp laser, and the laser has a small
board, which has a chip and some smd parts. One of them is a 22 Ohm
resistor, I guess that is the one to measure the voltage accross and
calculate the laser current. Can anybody tell me if it's correct, and
if not, how to check this with this player?

Another question, the same player. I cannot see any potentiometers on
the servo board, so I don't know how it is possible to set up the
focus and tracking servos. (I miss at least potmeters, F gain, T
gain, F offset, T offset). Anybody knows the reason?
m127
Mark

on newer players these adjustments are done electronically and stored
in eeprom, if you want to change them you need to find out the secret
handshake to get into service mode.

Be warned, you can get lost in there and change adjustments accidently
that are very hard to get back correctly.

Mark