Bill B

Default Repairfaq site

Is anybody else having problems getting into the "Repairfaq" site? My
connection is refused at "drexel.edu".
Thanks---Bill B
Michael Black

Bill B (mannard1'at'azalea.net) writes:
Is anybody else having problems getting into the "Repairfaq" site? My
connection is refused at "drexel.edu".
Thanks---Bill B

Okay, I just tried it, and there seems to be a lookup issue, since
it doesn't connect to the site, but my browser then adds a .com
so it goes to http://www.repairfaq.org.com which of course is a nonsense
URL.

The whois on it says the registration is still valid for a few years.

Sam has been saying there have been issues of too much traffic, but
while it seemed at one point to be a sudden blip, it now seems to
be an ongoing issue. At least, his sig continues to be:

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.
And I now see the .edu site gives a "can't connect to remote site" error.

There are mirrors, though I don't know what they are.

Maybe you can extract things by doing a websearch on what you specifically
want, and grabbing the cached version of the pertinent pages from a web
search engine.

It's 16:58 EDT on Saturday.

Michael
Sam Goldwasser

There is some problem with the server at Drexel. It has nothing to do
with repairfaq but the computer appears to be down or in a funny state.

Currently, any links to repairfaq.org get redirected to Drexel.

You can use the UPenn site in the meantime:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Bill B

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
There is some problem with the server at Drexel. It has nothing to do
with repairfaq but the computer appears to be down or in a funny state.

Currently, any links to repairfaq.org get redirected to Drexel.

You can use the UPenn site in the meantime:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Thanks for the info-----the upenn site did the trick.
Bill B

Arts and Crafts Site CraftIT Woodturning 0 November 12th 04 03:24 PM
ceiling fan install and blade weights & balance site is UP ... dave Metalworking 9 July 17th 04 02:20 AM
OT- Site Yields Early Evidence of Fire Gunner Metalworking 2 May 3rd 04 05:16 AM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
finding buyer's agent after first look at a house Dan Home Ownership 21 August 23rd 03 02:59 PM