Junior Member

Default Sony MD5 faulty - schematic anyone?

HI,

I have a Sony MD5 hifi system with a non-functioning minidisc deck. It does everything except spin the disc. My thought is that either the motor has gone down, or the PSU supplying it is dead. Does anyone have any experience of this machine?

There is a cooling fan in this unit and that does not spin either which makes me wonder if my theory holds water.

I need a supplier of replacement parts or a schematic so I can check the voltages around the thing.

Any help people?

Alan
Ray L. Volts

--
alanb

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/

search for md5 to get the .rar files

Ray L. Volts

"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message

"alanb" wrote in message

HI,

I have a Sony MD5 hifi system with a non-functioning minidisc deck. It
does everything except spin the disc. My thought is that either the
motor has gone down, or the PSU supplying it is dead. Does anyone have
any experience of this machine?

There is a cooling fan in this unit and that does not spin either which
makes me wonder if my theory holds water.

I need a supplier of replacement parts or a schematic so I can check
the voltages around the thing.

Any help people?

Alan

--