Default Mitsubishi VS-457RS Rear Projection TV Repair

I have a 1980-era Mitsu VS-457RS television that has failed. There is
a red LED which lights on the front panel, but it acts as if it has no
power otherwise - There is no screen or sound.

Strangely, this happened before, but it started working again after
being left unplugged for a couple of weeks. It continued to work for
over a year.

I have done repairs on arcade monitors, so I'm comfortable with
replacing flybacks and capacitors, but I've never been inside of a big
screen. Web searches have turned up almost nothing on this model.

Any hints on where to look for info or what to expect when I crack it
opened are appreciated.

AshTray700

big screen tvs are similar as far as the electronics go, voltage regulator
may be bad? look for it the only real difference i know of is at the final
video stage (where the colors are driven on seperate tubes rather than one
crt) ive only worked on a few older models though

It turns out I lied. The TV does tune and sound works, but there is
absolutely no pic. I now remember the failure mode. The TV was
powered on, working. I walked out of the room for a bit and returned
to the sound with no picture. I'll crack it open and take a look
inside.

Thanks!