Oldie for sure. Many of the old Mitz RPTV sets would have the yokes
short to the coating on the picture tube. You will find a blown fuse
on one of the power boards, DO NOT JUST REPLACE IT. You must find out
the cause of the failure first.

It is usually easy to pull the yoke down off the neck of the tube to
find out which one failed, they all will need insulated. If it is bad,
good luck finding a replacement.

wrote:
I have a 1980-era Mitsu VS-457RS television that has failed. There

is
a red LED which lights on the front panel, but it acts as if it has

no
power otherwise - There is no screen or sound.

Strangely, this happened before, but it started working again after
being left unplugged for a couple of weeks. It continued to work for
over a year.

I have done repairs on arcade monitors, so I'm comfortable with
replacing flybacks and capacitors, but I've never been inside of a

big
screen. Web searches have turned up almost nothing on this model.

Any hints on where to look for info or what to expect when I crack it
opened are appreciated.