Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Predko PIC book & CD. - File 3 of 3 - The included CD.zip (089/218)

Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

Finally got it all ! Sometime during the night it completed.
I see that some of the links on the CD don't work ! Both Chrome and
Firefox complain about missing files. The book seems to be complete
though.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

Finally got it all ! Sometime during the night it completed.
I see that some of the links on the CD don't work ! Both Chrome and
Firefox complain about missing files. The book seems to be complete
though.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

I believe this is the CD

http://www.mhprofessional.com/downloads/engineering/updatezone/predko/index.htm

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

This thread has gone off the deep end.

I see Ian wants to build up a "simple" programmer and get "simple" code
for using PIC processors.

For the amount of effort to get "free" stuff working, a small investment
would get a known working system and the FREE (as in beer) development
environment from Microchip.

This is easier then this backwater development system.

The PICKIT3 $45
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=PG164130-ND

MPLAB 8 is FREE
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/id...&part=SW007002

minimal hassle and works out of the box.

Why do this any other way ?
even for a hobby project !

I can't imagine that Ian can't afford $50.

hamilton
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Martin Riddle Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

Finally got it all ! Sometime during the night it completed.
I see that some of the links on the CD don't work ! Both Chrome and
Firefox complain about missing files. The book seems to be complete
though.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

I believe this is the CD

http://www.mhprofessional.com/downloads/engineering/updatezone/predko/index.htm

Cheers

Bingo !
Thanks Martin.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

hamilton Inscribed thus:

This thread has gone off the deep end.

I see Ian wants to build up a "simple" programmer and get "simple"
code for using PIC processors.

For the amount of effort to get "free" stuff working, a small
investment would get a known working system and the FREE (as in beer)
development environment from Microchip.

This is easier then this backwater development system.

The PICKIT3 $45

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=PG164130-ND

MPLAB 8 is FREE

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/id...&part=SW007002

minimal hassle and works out of the box.

Why do this any other way ?
even for a hobby project !

I can't imagine that Ian can't afford $50.

hamilton

With all due respect, I think you are missing the point !
I have the "Microchip Development System", but that doesn't give me any
information about how others see or use Microchip PIC chips, nor does
it give me any insight as to how any particular problem or issue is
solved.

You will have your own way of developing something which may or may not
be the best way depending upon some other persons viewpoint. You had
to learn from somewhere and from that understanding you have developed
your own unique techniques and visions. Its great that you are
prepared to share those experiences.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.