Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Predko PIC book & CD.

Found this link:

http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/PIC/

The book & PCB downloaded without too many problems but the CD download is
going ultra slow (1.63kB/S)!

The site keeps disconnecting DAP, the IE "save as keeps going but very very
very slowly, I tried a couple of other download managers/accelerators with
no improvement.

Could anyone who succeeds in downloading the CD yenc it here please?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ian Field Inscribed thus:

Found this link:

http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/PIC/

The book & PCB downloaded without too many problems but the CD
download is going ultra slow (1.63kB/S)!

The site keeps disconnecting DAP, the IE "save as keeps going but very
very very slowly, I tried a couple of other download
managers/accelerators with no improvement.

Could anyone who succeeds in downloading the CD yenc it here please?

Thanks.

Got to be a winslows machine ! :-)
I only get 400 bytes/sec...

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
Ian Field Inscribed thus:

Found this link:

http://maben.homeip.net/static/S100/PIC/

The book & PCB downloaded without too many problems but the CD
download is going ultra slow (1.63kB/S)!

The site keeps disconnecting DAP, the IE "save as keeps going but very
very very slowly, I tried a couple of other download
managers/accelerators with no improvement.

Could anyone who succeeds in downloading the CD yenc it here please?

Thanks.

Got to be a winslows machine ! :-)
I only get 400 bytes/sec...

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Upto 58% so far, its currently downloading at 2.03kB/S.

IE8 "save target as" appears to support resume, so I can keep picking away
at it.

The folder path might suggest a pre IBM PC S100 machine!

Even DOS wasn't invented back then.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ian Field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
[...]

Yes thats true ! If you look at the file structure there are a couple
of clues that its is more up to date. I would suspect its an XP
machine with a poor sending bandwidth. Having a browse around, there
appears to be an awful lot of empty directories and zero size files.

I'm using Chrome by the way on Open SuSE 11.1.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
Ian Field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
[...]

Tried downloading in Chrome - it showed "1 hour remaining" whilst little
evidence of any actual progress.

Everything about that site is slow - but the book & PCB wasn't this slow!!!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ian Field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Ian Field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
[...]

I agree. It took around a minute to open a web page.

- but the book & PCB wasn't this slow!!!

If you use Chrome, click "Show all Downloads" and you should see the
actual download speed. The other possibility might be "wget" !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
Ian Field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Ian Field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
[...]

IE8 got me 29% yesterday and I assumed that was gone when I clicked cancel,
but when I tried IE8 again today it started off from 29%.

Its up to 83% now, 1.73k and showing 3h41m to go.

diy book benpost UK diy 14 January 8th 08 02:57 AM
Book wws Metalworking 2 August 2nd 05 01:43 PM
I Wish This Book Had Been Available... jon_banquer Metalworking 24 July 21st 05 04:59 PM
A&C book, anyone have this or seen this one? Larry Jaques Woodworking 5 January 16th 05 05:21 AM