Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Passport Question

My passport was renewed in 2005, expiry in 2015.

Is it still valid as-is, or have requirements changed requiring a new
issue?

(I haven't traveled outside the country since 1995 ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

My passport was renewed in 2005, expiry in 2015.

Is it still valid as-is, or have requirements changed requiring a new
issue?

(I haven't traveled outside the country since 1995 ;-)

Should be valid. My wife's was renewed in 2002 (expires next year),
mine in 2004 (expires in 2014). We both traveled outside the US last
year without difficulty, she just got a Russian visa for a boating
trip this summer, and all we've been told is that many countries
require that your passport be valid for a minimum of six months after
your date of entry.

You can expect that your next passport will have more rigorous ID
features included (e.g. an embedded RFID chip). There may be some
countries which will put you through a slightly different
immigration/customs process if you have an older passport which isn't
machine-scannable.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson expounded in
:

My passport was renewed in 2005, expiry in 2015.

Is it still valid as-is, or have requirements changed
requiring a new issue?

(I haven't traveled outside the country since 1995 ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Proly works for Canada-- I read that Randy Quade has become a
Canadian citizen. We're not sure yet about his wife though.

Warren
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:28:22 +0000 (UTC), Warren
wrote:

Jim Thompson expounded in
:

My passport was renewed in 2005, expiry in 2015.

Is it still valid as-is, or have requirements changed
requiring a new issue?

(I haven't traveled outside the country since 1995 ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Proly works for Canada-- I read that Randy Quade has become a
Canadian citizen. We're not sure yet about his wife though.

Warren

Someone should whack that guy.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Warren wrote:
Jim Thompson expounded in

My passport was renewed in 2005, expiry in 2015.

Is it still valid as-is, or have requirements changed
requiring a new issue?

(I haven't traveled outside the country since 1995 ;-)

Proly works for Canada-- I read that Randy Quade has become a
Canadian citizen. We're not sure yet about his wife though.

Who the hell is "Randy Quade?"

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Stephan Goldstein wrote:

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:22:14 -0700, (Dave Platt)
wrote:

[...]

Yes, and thanks to our lovely US government, which went around
substantial foreign opposition and got this slipped in the back
door, that RFID technology is readable from a distance. A bad guy
can easily sit in an airport with a briefcase and interrogate all
passing passports.

Fortunately, a sheet of aluminum foil solves the problem.

Then you can just carry under your aluminum foil beanie.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Passport Question Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 13 September 26th 09 11:18 PM
Fake UK Passport [email protected] UK diy 0 April 12th 09 05:07 PM
diy passport photo Tournifreak UK diy 51 August 8th 06 05:35 PM
diy passport photo [email protected] UK diy 2 August 7th 06 09:11 PM