Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Best cordless phone

Everything is wearing out...

The vtech cordless phones are on their third set of replacement
batteries and have begun doing flaky things :-(

So, what's the current technology choice?

Need 2-line capability.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

Everything is wearing out...

The vtech cordless phones are on their third set of replacement
batteries and have begun doing flaky things :-(

So, what's the current technology choice?

Need 2-line capability.

Thanks!

Panasonic makes some DECT two line cordless that take up to four
handsets. I have had the single line model for five years, and am still
on the original batteries.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Phones-Fax/Telephones/Multi-Line-Phones.list.157042_11002_7000000000000005702

You can beat their posted prices a lot of places.

Teflon coated.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Everything is wearing out...

The vtech cordless phones are on their third set of replacement
batteries and have begun doing flaky things :-(

So, what's the current technology choice?

Need 2-line capability.

Thanks!

I would say Panasonic DECT phones, but this ATT looks interesting.
http://www.smithgear.com/att-tl86109.html

Good list of 'link-to-cell' phones
http://www.smithgear.com/bluetooth-landline.html

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

We have a DECT 5.8gHz unit. Works pretty well though took a while to tweak
the Verizon FiOS so it wouldn't echo. No echo at all with a simple analog
handset so the digital has some funky delays with the sidetone.

A friend had a 2.4gHz phone that royally messed with his router signal.
Wound up selling them on ebay and getting a 900mHz set...

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Everything is wearing out...

The vtech cordless phones are on their third set of replacement
batteries and have begun doing flaky things :-(

So, what's the current technology choice?

Need 2-line capability.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

In article ,
Jim Thompson
wrote:

Everything is wearing out...

The vtech cordless phones are on their third set of replacement
batteries and have begun doing flaky things :-(

So, what's the current technology choice?

Need 2-line capability.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

If you mean best as in range, EnGenius is still tops AFAIK. Also top
dollar. One multi-line Base will do up to 4 lines. And pretty decent
quality, as you'd expect for the price. My obsolete phone from them
survived the 5 year warrantee period fine, some time after that
eventually got flaky in a manner that felt like a bit more than
batteries wearing out after that - could send in for repair (imagine
that) but cheap phone was less than cost of repair, and no warrantee on
repair. Haven't thrown it out yet, still might change my mind and have
it done. Then again, might pony up for the current version - the old
handsets are a bit much these days.

I got my money's worth from it - kept me from paying for a cell phone
for many years, with honest 1/2 mile range if not blocked by dirt (ie,
buildings, trees not a problem - hills were.) I personally got 3 miles
with a clear line of sight - they were claiming 5 miles ultimate range
(but pretty much under conditions that could be described as antenna on
a silo in the middle of a big field.)

Pan cordless phone ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 0 June 11th 08 04:53 PM
Cordless Phone Kathy Home Repair 11 March 10th 05 02:40 PM
AT&T cordless phone klingon Electronics Repair 1 August 27th 04 04:20 AM
GE cordless phone dwanderson35 Electronics Repair 1 July 28th 04 11:25 AM
cordless phone yuvaraj Home Ownership 4 November 30th 03 01:25 PM