Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default PING: Central Office Experts

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:16:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

My CO is directly across a park from my house, maybe a 1/4 mile max.

I have two phone lines with the same prefix.

If both phone are ringing, is the ringing synchronous... same cadence?

It wasn't in the past. The ring signal was offset into groups of
ringing phones, to equalize the load on the ring generator.

For my call-blocker system...

I'm tempted to solve my lack of pairs (only three in the house) by
using a single pair as ringer, and electronically (photo-coupler
isolated) merge both ringing signals into my own low-voltage ring
generator.

I guess I need to build up my photo isolation and see what I have.

(Hoping for a easy solution of knowing when the blocker box stops a
ring, wait x seconds, attach noise maker (knocking them off their
stool), then hanging up ;-)

Maybe just convert each line's ringing to DC and generate my own
cadence.

Is 2 sec ON 4 sec OFF a standard?

...Jim Thompson

My brain cell finally warmed up.
Dirt simple solution. 2 relays. Period.
L1 rings - close Ry1 which connects L1 to common ring line & blocks
Ry2 coil. Similar for L2/Ry2. No external power, no computer, nada.
Ring cadence on the common could be interesting with both lines ringing.
Art