Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default Tek 1180x screen capture utility

I wrote a Python/wxPython program to perform screen captures on Tek 1180x
series scopes (using their serial port) and have added it to the files section
of the Yahoo! "TekScopes" group (
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TekScopes ) as "TSC.zip"(this link *might*
work:
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/ICf0S_p...oHF6Rg/TSC.zip )
.. Provided is just the actual Python program and some documentation, which
means that if you're using a Linux box you can probably run the program by
doing nothing more than the following:

-- Using your distribution's package manager, make sure you have Python,
wxPython, and PySerial installed.
-- Execute, e.g., "python TSC.py" (or chmod +x the file and execute it
directly).

In theory something comparable to the above should allow it to work on Macs as
well, although I don't have a Mac to try this with.

I have generated a Windows executable, but since it packages up all the
Python, Windows, and wxWidgets libraries, it ends up being 7MB -- which is
pretty silly for a program that's 1000 lines of code! Nevertheless, if you'd
like a copy, you'll find it he http://www.koltner.com/tsc.zip .

---Joel

Attached Thumbnails
Tek 1180x screen capture utility-tsc-png
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
JW JW is offline

On Wed, 19 May 2010 11:46:13 -0700 "Joel Koltner"
wrote in Message id:
:

I have generated a Windows executable, but since it packages up all the
Python, Windows, and wxWidgets libraries, it ends up being 7MB -- which is
pretty silly for a program that's 1000 lines of code! Nevertheless, if you'd
like a copy, you'll find it he http://www.koltner.com/tsc.zip .

Hi Joel,

Nice work! Out of curiosity, would this also work with the CSA803?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote in Message id:
:

I have generated a Windows executable, but since it packages up all the
Python, Windows, and wxWidgets libraries, it ends up being 7MB -- which is
pretty silly for a program that's 1000 lines of code! Nevertheless, if you'd
like a copy, you'll find it he http://www.koltner.com/tsc.zip .

Hi Joel,

Nice work! Out of curiosity, would this also work with the CSA803?

I should. The 803 was the same scope with some added measurement
firmware.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"JW" wrote in message
Nice work!

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, would this also work with the CSA803?

From what I've read I believe so, although I don't have one to test it on or
manuals that describe the output formats available.

---Joel