Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Email security.

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:49:12 -0000, "ian field" wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:56:25 -0000, "TTman"
wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message
A magazine has agreed to publish one of my projects and wants to pay me
but
they don't do cheques.

They want me to tell them my IBAN & SWIFT codes but its an overseas
company so a phone call will be expensive.

An obvious concern with email is whether I've picked up keylogging
malware
while surfing - is it safe to write the codes on paper, scan them in and
send via email as an attached image file?

TIA.

send half and half in two emails, separated by a few hours....

It just struck me... there's no security issue... you can only
_deposit_ with bank routing codes.

Withdrawals require a password.

On 3 separate occasions the staff at my bank have avoided giving a straight
answer to the question.

If it was as simple as that I'd have thought they wouldn't have been so
evasive.

Try setting up a separate account with a minimal amount and have it marked
for incoming payments only.

Email [email protected] Home Ownership 1 September 12th 08 12:02 AM
****Email List***** [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 November 13th 07 12:30 AM
Want small security camera for internal security G Wood Home Repair 7 October 6th 07 04:12 AM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com UK diy 0 April 5th 07 09:31 PM
Lost my all my email and change of email addy Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 August 14th 03 11:30 PM