Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Usenet providers?

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:24:08 -0400, jeff_wisnia wrote:
http://www.eternal-september.org/

As long as you're not needing binary newsgroups that is. G

It _DOES_ carry alt.binaries.schematics.electronics, just not any of
the 'pr0n' hierarchy.

(they probably deemed a.b.s.e to be OK because the volume is spit in
the ocean compared to the other binaries, and it's technical, which
doesn't interest the scriptkiddies.)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:03:10 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

...Jim Thompson

---
I've been using Giganews for about four years now.

Excellent and rock solid. I have no complaints at all.

http://www.giganews.com/

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working
on it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

...Jim Thompson

---
I've been using Giganews for about four years now.

Excellent and rock solid. I have no complaints at all.

http://www.giganews.com/

Ditto on Giganews. I've been using it for about 3 years or so with no
problems, which is a lot more than I can say about my internet connection.
I use Comcast; some days I have to continually disconnect and reconnect to
do anything at all.

No help from comcast to solve the problem; they've replaced the modem twice;
same problem. Signal levels seem to be OK, even immediately before I lose
connectivity. wth???
--
David
masondg44 at comcast dot net

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote in
:

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an increasingly dim view of Agent APN.
It's cheap, but it used to be a lot better.

Doug White

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

I've been using supernews for about five years with not a single outage.
And, they carry (so far as I can tell) every newsgroup that exists
($5/month).

Jim

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:07:41 -0700, "RST Engineering - JIm"
wrote:

I've been using supernews for about five years with not a single outage.
And, they carry (so far as I can tell) every newsgroup that exists
($5/month).

Jim

I dropped Supernews a few months back and went to Forte. I'm back to
Supernews now. The difference is huge.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:59:18 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote in
:

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an increasingly dim view of Agent APN.
It's cheap, but it used to be a lot better.

Doug White

Just switched to giganews... click-click, change blades that quick...
superfast compared to APN.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:59:18 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote in
m:

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an increasingly dim view of Agent APN.
It's cheap, but it used to be a lot better.

Doug White

Just switched to giganews... click-click, change blades that quick...
superfast compared to APN.

...Jim Thompson

You'll like it Jim....

Lim time:

The psychiatrists commonest shtick?
"You have problems because you are sick!"
But psychologists find,
That your sickness of mind,
Is because you have problems! Click-click?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

...Jim Thompson

---
I've been using Giganews for about four years now.

Excellent and rock solid. I have no complaints at all.

http://www.giganews.com/

I do not know what the dope is going on about. Cox is rock solid, as
you say, and they carry 99% of the groups.

JT is "up and down like a yo-yo". In this case, he is down. Doesn't
know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

...Jim Thompson

http://astraweb.com/ $25 for 180 GB no time limit, no automatic
charges.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
Has anyone found a good (pay-for-service) Usenet provider?

Cox is up and down like a Yo-Yo, and Agent's APN (apparently using
Easynews) is becoming flakier and flakier... lots of talk, "Working on
it", but no "do". I no longer recommend them :-(

...Jim Thompson

Two of my ISPs dumped usenet recently.
I'm with teranews. It works.

Rene