Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Silicon LEDS ?

** See pics of a NPN transistor chip emitting light.

No trick.

..... Phil

Attached Thumbnails
Silicon LEDS ?-npn-bjt-001-jpg  Silicon LEDS ?-npn-bjt-002-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Phil Allison wrote:

** See pics of a NPN transistor chip emitting light.

No trick.

.... Phil

OOOOh!
What biasing is used?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:55:33 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

** See pics of a NPN transistor chip emitting light.

No trick.

.... Phil

OOOOh!
What biasing is used?

Usually zenering the b-e junction. It doesn't generate much light.

One can zener the b-e junction, to make light, and use the b-c
junction as a photovoltaic generator. That can be used as a very
ineffficient polarity inverter.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

John Larkin wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:
Phil Allison wrote:

** See pics of a NPN transistor chip emitting light.

No trick.

.... Phil

OOOOh!
What biasing is used?

Usually zenering the b-e junction. It doesn't generate much light.

One can zener the b-e junction, to make light, and use the b-c
junction as a photovoltaic generator. That can be used as a very
ineffficient polarity inverter.

I have vague recollections in my hobby days of one of my friends finding
that the cheap surplus point-contact diodes that were many a hobbyist's
mainstay would emit a tiny amount of light too.

Graham

silicon instead of pva? tracy UK diy 14 January 8th 07 05:59 AM
Boy am I angry. Can I silicon over 2 hour old silicon? Haymish Pupkin UK diy 18 July 15th 06 12:33 PM
LEDs and TTL Henry Electronics 8 January 3rd 06 04:48 PM
silicon Bruce UK diy 3 November 12th 04 10:24 PM
silicon in2minds UK diy 9 October 6th 03 12:18 AM