Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Firefox Error - FirefoxError.jpg

While using Firefox I got a pop-up updater to v2.00.17 (I think that's
what it said), so I let it run.

It requested restart of Firefox and I chose "later", since I was in
the middle of a search

When "later" came I get the error message shown in the attachment.

Anyone know how to recover from this?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Attached Thumbnails
Firefox Error - FirefoxError.jpg-firefoxerror-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

While using Firefox I got a pop-up updater to v2.00.17 (I think that's
what it said), so I let it run.

It requested restart of Firefox and I chose "later", since I was in
the middle of a search

When "later" came I get the error message shown in the attachment.

Anyone know how to recover from this?

...Jim Thompson

Install v3!

John

My understanding is that v3 doesn't like AMD chips.

At any rate I uninstalled Firefox, installed v2.00.12, which then
updated properly to v2.00.17 ... kept all my settings and add-ons
.....whew!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

While using Firefox I got a pop-up updater to v2.00.17 (I think that's
what it said), so I let it run.

It requested restart of Firefox and I chose "later", since I was in
the middle of a search

When "later" came I get the error message shown in the attachment.

Anyone know how to recover from this?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Sounds like your previous version does not have the .dll file required by
the later, this can happen if there are skipped interrim versions.

-bill

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message

My understanding is that v3 doesn't like AMD chips.

It's perfect on my Athlon, and is much faster than 2 and uses a fraction of
the memory. The big problem with 2 is that when you open and close windows
and tabs, it doesn't free up the memory, so it eventually uses all of it.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 14:53:25 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message

My understanding is that v3 doesn't like AMD chips.

It's perfect on my Athlon, and is much faster than 2 and uses a fraction of
the memory. The big problem with 2 is that when you open and close windows
and tabs, it doesn't free up the memory, so it eventually uses all of it.

I can't track back to it now, but there was something about XP, AMD,
NAV and Firefox v3

BTW: What is the ultimate way to remove NAV from my system yet leave
WinFax unscathed?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message news
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 14:53:25 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message

My understanding is that v3 doesn't like AMD chips.

It's perfect on my Athlon, and is much faster than 2 and uses a
fraction of the memory. The big problem with 2 is that when you
open and close windows and tabs, it doesn't free up the memory, so
it eventually uses all of it.

I can't track back to it now, but there was something about XP, AMD,
NAV and Firefox v3

BTW: What is the ultimate way to remove NAV from my system yet leave
WinFax unscathed?

The perfect way to remove NAV from any system is to reinstall the OS, then
WinFax in this case.

The Norton removal tool can decimate a system. Manual uninstall is the best
way. They have detailed instructions on the website. Or try the standard
uninstall, and use the manual method to get anything that remains. But
don't use the removal tool if you can help it.

Make 2 full backups on 2 different media first.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

While using Firefox I got a pop-up updater to v2.00.17 (I think that's
what it said), so I let it run.

It requested restart of Firefox and I chose "later", since I was in
the middle of a search

When "later" came I get the error message shown in the attachment.

Anyone know how to recover from this?

...Jim Thompson

Best way to recover is to log onto the Mozilla/Firefox website, and
download and install the new Firefox 3.0

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 07:44:29 +1030, "mark krawczuk"
wrote:

hi, you tried to uninstall , then install firefox?

.. .
wrote:

While using Firefox I got a pop-up updater to v2.00.17 (I think that's
what it said), so I let it run.

It requested restart of Firefox and I chose "later", since I was in
the middle of a search

When "later" came I get the error message shown in the attachment.

Anyone know how to recover from this?

...Jim Thompson

Best way to recover is to log onto the Mozilla/Firefox website, and
download and install the new Firefox 3.0

You're way behind on keeping up with the thread. I "un" updated via
the "uninstall last update" route, then successfully re-ran the
install. Apparently the original update didn't complete for some
reason.

After removing various known conflicts with NAV, I updated to Firefox
v3.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Firefox Settings Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 1 April 22nd 08 01:44 AM
allignment is not equal in firefox 1.5 & firefox 2.0.0.4 Mehul Home Repair 3 July 18th 07 04:48 PM
Firefox The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 19 July 23rd 06 03:04 PM
Firefox/OE NNTP Charlie Self Woodworking 38 July 15th 06 11:47 PM