Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Monster's design patent ripping off LEMO

Attached Files
File Type: pdf USD366863 .pdf (63.1 KB, 77 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Monster and Lemo are both way too expensive. Too much money left over to
feed lawyers...

Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Oppie" wrote in message news:UfpNj.6473$eg2.3992@trndny06...
Monster and Lemo are both way too expensive. Too much money left over to feed lawyers...

Oppie

I like Lemo, but there is another lookalike http://www.odu-usa.com

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Martin Riddle" wrote in message

"Oppie" wrote in message
Monster and Lemo are both way too expensive. Too much money left over to
feed lawyers...

Oppie

I like Lemo, but there is another lookalike http://www.odu-usa.com

Cheers

And they mate with Lemo and Fischer connectors too. Just annoys me a bit
when they don't give even budgetary pricing. Undoubtedly Lemo and the like
are nice connectors which fufill a special need; just shouldn't be a full
time job to design one in and ensure that it is cost-effective. I've used
both the standard Lemo and Redel (plastic shell) versions. The Redel is
listed as 'cost effective' but is still a bit hefty in cost.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:51:16 GMT, "Oppie" wrote:

Monster and Lemo are both way too expensive. Too much money left over to
feed lawyers...

Lemo is at least a REAL premier connector manufacturer. Monster has
their petty crap made by a cheap Chinese fab house, and they carry ZERO
standard conformances. Any "gold plating" will be so thin that one can
see the base metal color shining through it. That's ****ing thin!

I just saw a huge demo display case of Lemo's offerings today at work.

They are more "worth it" than anything monster ever thought that they
"designed".

There was an open house for vendors. They all show up, and bring about
20 pizzas and 100 sodas, etc.

I saw some pretty cool systems.

You must work for a pretty large operation. I remember when I worked at
Union Carbide Medical Products Division some 25 years ago. Vendors would
take you to lunch, give you freebies and what not. For the last 25 years,
I've been with a small mom and pop operation. Lucky if we get a fruit basket
at New Years from vendors now. When a vendor comes in to show off their
wares, I offer *them* coffee. Still, I really like working for the small
company. Things get done with a minimum of arguments and overhead.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Oppie wrote:

"ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote
"Oppie" wrote:

[...]

I know what you mean. I was however quite surprised when the TI rep brought in
the 'boys from Dallas' with him one time. There were about 4 of them, all DSP
experts. I had to explain to them that their current DSPs were really too
high-end for ultra-competitively priced semi-pro audio. $16 or so is way too
much.

Graham