Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Crappy vendor

Surplus Computers
53A Bonaventura Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=com10748

Up $10 since last week....

Good workable clean computer hardware complete with a blocked volume license
for the included Win XP Pro.

No human ever answers the phone.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 22:57:06 GMT, "Lord Garth"
wrote:

Surplus Computers
53A Bonaventura Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=com10748

Up $10 since last week....

Good workable clean computer hardware complete with a blocked volume
license
for the included Win XP Pro.

No human ever answers the phone.

Their contact information says so too. FAX (for orders) or email
(orders and everything else, including customer support) only.

The credit card company wants me to give them until Friday to respond...the
clock is
ticking.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Lord Garth wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
"Lord Garth" wrote:

Surplus Computers
53A Bonaventura Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=com10748

Up $10 since last week....

Good workable clean computer hardware complete with a blocked volume
license for the included Win XP Pro.

No human ever answers the phone.

Their contact information says so too. FAX (for orders) or email
(orders and everything else, including customer support) only.

The credit card company wants me to give them until Friday to respond...the
clock is ticking.

Respond to *what* ?

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 04:43:18 GMT, "Lord Garth"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Surplus Computers
53A Bonaventura Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=com10748

Up $10 since last week....

Good workable clean computer hardware complete with a blocked volume
license
for the included Win XP Pro.

No human ever answers the phone.

I presume the problem is you expected an XP license.

Would make for an interesting legal problem if it ever came to that.

They just contacted me via email and will send a call tag. They say the
COA tag is legal. I ran RockXP and saw that the COA that is installed is
different that the one on the tag.

I am looking for info on altering this data so I don't have to ship it out.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Lord Garth wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
"Lord Garth" wrote:

Surplus Computers
53A Bonaventura Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=com10748

Up $10 since last week....

Good workable clean computer hardware complete with a blocked volume
license for the included Win XP Pro.

No human ever answers the phone.

Their contact information says so too. FAX (for orders) or email
(orders and everything else, including customer support) only.

The credit card company wants me to give them until Friday to
respond...the
clock is ticking.

Respond to *what* ?

Graham

To respond to my requiring a working / unblocked COA as advertised.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Lord Garth wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Lord Garth wrote:
"flipper" wrote in message
"Lord Garth" wrote:

Surplus Computers
53A Bonaventura Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=com10748

Up $10 since last week....

Good workable clean computer hardware complete with a blocked volume
license for the included Win XP Pro.

No human ever answers the phone.

Their contact information says so too. FAX (for orders) or email
(orders and everything else, including customer support) only.

The credit card company wants me to give them until Friday to
respond...the clock is ticking.

Respond to *what* ?

To respond to my requiring a working / unblocked COA as advertised.

Is the OS complaining ?

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Lord Garth wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Lord Garth wrote:
"flipper" wrote in message
"Lord Garth" wrote:

Surplus Computers
53A Bonaventura Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=com10748

Up $10 since last week....

Good workable clean computer hardware complete with a blocked volume
license for the included Win XP Pro.

No human ever answers the phone.

Their contact information says so too. FAX (for orders) or email
(orders and everything else, including customer support) only.

The credit card company wants me to give them until Friday to
respond...the clock is ticking.

Respond to *what* ?

To respond to my requiring a working / unblocked COA as advertised.

Is the OS complaining ?

Graham

Certainly is! I can't get any updates from Microsoft because they tell me
the
volume license is blocked. Have you never seen the 'Genuine Advantage'
updates installing in a Windows XP machine?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:33:46 GMT, "Lord Garth"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 04:43:18 GMT, "Lord Garth"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

Surplus Computers
53A Bonaventura Dr.
San Jose, CA 95134

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/stor...&item=com10748

Up $10 since last week....

Good workable clean computer hardware complete with a blocked volume
license
for the included Win XP Pro.

No human ever answers the phone.

I presume the problem is you expected an XP license.

Would make for an interesting legal problem if it ever came to that.

They just contacted me via email and will send a call tag. They say the
COA tag is legal. I ran RockXP and saw that the COA that is installed is
different that the one on the tag.

I am looking for info on altering this data so I don't have to ship it
out.

Sounds like they'll work it out one way or the other so I guess the
vendor isn't so crappy after all.

Just oddly slow so far.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Lord Garth wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Lord Garth wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote
Lord Garth wrote:
"flipper" wrote in message
"Lord Garth" wrote:

[...]

I've heard of it but not experienced it.

I wasn't aware it blocked updates, I thought it just gave a nag message about being an
unlicensed copy.

Mind you, if you have SP2, I doubt it needs much patching.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Is the OS complaining ?

Certainly is! I can't get any updates from Microsoft because they tell
me
the volume license is blocked. Have you never seen the 'Genuine
Advantage'
updates installing in a Windows XP machine?

I've heard of it but not experienced it.

I wasn't aware it blocked updates, I thought it just gave a nag message
about being an
unlicensed copy.

Mind you, if you have SP2, I doubt it needs much patching.

Sorry, I've been too busy to be on my computer the last week or so.

There were 105 patches that wanted to be installed since SP2 and I opted
out of 9 others.