Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Blazing Speed - Scan.jpeg (1/2)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:18:08 GMT, Al wrote:

I dropped an item behind my desk which up against a wall. I found a
scrap of paper there that had been there for almost 18 years. Enjoy!

What, don't you remember 75 baud FSK modems?

Kids these days!

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:45:02 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:18:08 GMT, Al wrote:

I dropped an item behind my desk which up against a wall. I found a
scrap of paper there that had been there for almost 18 years. Enjoy!

What, don't you remember 75 baud FSK modems?

Kids these days!

John

Acoustic coupled of course...
Remember them? I still got them!
Should I just go ahead and trash them or put them on EBAY?

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Al Al is offline

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:45:02 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:18:08 GMT, Al wrote:

I dropped an item behind my desk which up against a wall. I found a
scrap of paper there that had been there for almost 18 years. Enjoy!

What, don't you remember 75 baud FSK modems?

Kids these days!

John

Ahh, I remember the teletype I used at RCA in '69. I had a choice of 15
or 30 baud to connect to a remote computer. I didn't even know where the
computer was.

Al
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Al" wrote in message
Ahh, I remember the teletype I used at RCA in '69. I had a choice of 15
or 30 baud to connect to a remote computer. I didn't even know where the
computer was.

A very popular HF ham radio "keyboard to keyboard" digital mode today is
PSK31... all of 31 baud! (But also all of ~31Hz bandwidth...) Some "speed
demons" re-packaged it into PSK63...

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:39:37 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Al" wrote in message
Ahh, I remember the teletype I used at RCA in '69. I had a choice of 15
or 30 baud to connect to a remote computer. I didn't even know where the
computer was.

A very popular HF ham radio "keyboard to keyboard" digital mode today is
PSK31... all of 31 baud! (But also all of ~31Hz bandwidth...) Some "speed
demons" re-packaged it into PSK63...

I got a call the other day from a big defense contractor. They have
purchased two of our VME arbitrary waveform generators, close to $5K
each, to generate Morse code.

John