Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default +12 to -12 converter

Joerg wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I'd prefer as it was in my day... multiple systems, so one failure
doesn't stop you completely, as these single uP designs do.

...Jim Thompson

I'm not aware of any new cars that have only a single uP. Everything
since
the OBD and CAN systems has a microprocessor where it is needed, and a
bus
that runs through the car to the various microprocessors. Many new
cars have
a microprocessor for the engine, one for the transmission, one for the
air
bag systems, one for the brakes, one for climate control, one for the
stereo/CD/MP3 player, one for the navigation system, one for the
autodarkening
rear view mirror/compass, one for the dash board, one for the HVAC....

Your Datsun probably has one for the arm rests, and tail lights too ;-)

AFAIK my Mitsubishi Montero Sport has only one, for the engine control
unit. That's enough uC in a car for me.

So it doesn't have a clock, or a stereo?