Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default PC power supply info

I am looking for info on PC power upplies so I can modify them. Basically I
woant to modify the +/_ 12 volt section to produce other voltages and
currents. Some supplies would need to be modified to supply up to 50 volts
at 4 amps and others would need to be a bipolar supply up to +/_ 20 VDC at a
max current of 8 amps. If this info is already available that would be great
, otherwise good schematics of the power supplies would be useful so I can
figure out how to mod them myself.

Jimmie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jimmie D" schreef in bericht
I am looking for info on PC power upplies so I can modify them. Basically I
woant to modify the +/_ 12 volt section to produce other voltages and
currents. Some supplies would need to be modified to supply up to 50 volts
at 4 amps and others would need to be a bipolar supply up to +/_ 20 VDC at
a max current of 8 amps. If this info is already available that would be
great , otherwise good schematics of the power supplies would be useful so
I can figure out how to mod them myself.

Jimmie

Both examples of mods and at least one good schematic are available on the
net. Just google.

petrus bitbyter

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jimmie D" wrote in message
I am looking for info on PC power upplies so I can modify them. Basically I
woant to modify the +/_ 12 volt section to produce other voltages and
currents. Some supplies would need to be modified to supply up to 50 volts
at 4 amps and others would need to be a bipolar supply up to +/_ 20 VDC at
a max current of 8 amps. If this info is already available that would be
great , otherwise good schematics of the power supplies would be useful so
I can figure out how to mod them myself.

Jimmie

A few months ago Elektor magazine published a project to convert a PC PSU to
supply a single 12V rail for LV halogen lighting, that might contain some
useful background info.