Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Spammed by Fax?? Read inside

Nick wrote:

Spammed by fax?

Is your fax machine being loaded up with useless offers and unwanted advertising?

Tired of someone using your paper & ink for their own purposes?

You're on the Fed's Do Not Call List - How's that working for ya?

STRIKE BACK !!! - Make it cost them for a change!

Follow the link - No advertising, popups or stuff

http://www.deltadj.com

There is a Federal law against junk FAX that specifies a rather stiff
(and mandatory? i think) fine for each and every occurrence.
Look it up and USE it; quit your bitching and juvenile advice.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Robert Baer wrote:
Nick wrote:

Spammed by fax?
Is your fax machine being loaded up with useless offers and unwanted
advertising?

Tired of someone using your paper & ink for their own purposes?

You're on the Fed's Do Not Call List - How's that working for ya?

STRIKE BACK !!! - Make it cost them for a change!

Follow the link - No advertising, popups or stuff

http://www.deltadj.com

There is a Federal law against junk FAX that specifies a rather stiff
(and mandatory? i think) fine for each and every occurrence.
Look it up and USE it; quit your bitching and juvenile advice.

The law is a great idea, but it doesn't work. All of the purveyors of
junk faxes follow the rules to the letter. When you call the federally
required number to remove your fax number, the faxes keep on coming, but
from a different number. It appears as though they operate as multiple
corporate personalities. They remove you from one personality, and add
you to the next.... there are a countably infinite number of personalities.

I have to keep my fax turned off. I only turn it on when a customer
requests to send a fax.

-Chuck
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Robert Baer wrote:
Nick wrote:

[...]

use a PC based fax.

Colin =^.^=

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 13:19:28 GMT, "colin"
wrote:

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message

[snip]

I have to keep my fax turned off. I only turn it on when a customer
requests to send a fax.

Same here.

-Chuck

use a PC based fax.

Colin =^.^=

That doesn't help. A PC-based fax is just like any other fax except
you can reject based on CID.

I keep mine turned off also. In fact I may go fax-less soon. Hardly
anyone uses fax anymore.

My son plays the tones and message for "no longer in service" to deter
spam.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Chuck Harris wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:

Nick wrote:

[...]

Dammit; GO TO COURT!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
ink.net...

I have to keep my fax turned off. I only turn it on when a customer
requests to send a fax.

We use a computer to receive. We look at the faxes and delete as needed.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Robert Baer wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:

Nick wrote:

[...]

Very difficult to do when the faxes don't identify the group sending
them. A large number of the faxes are promoting cheap stocks to help
some miscreant with his pump and dump scheme.

The rest of the faxes are vacation offers and loan offers. But it is
impossible to tell who actually did the sending.

-Chuck