Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes

Default Any SS foks here : 15003 readings

hi,

Looking at this schematic :

http://www.freewebs.com/willispage8/

What type of ohm reading should I expect across Q9 and Q11 ?

The C is equivalent to a plate on a tube ?

The Base ( center connection) is equivalent to the grid,

Emittor ( Cathode ) is the one with the arrow on it ? If I recall.

My SS skills are on slow recall ;-) .

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes

King of the country of What. wrote:
hi,

Looking at this schematic :

http://www.freewebs.com/willispage8/

What type of ohm reading should I expect across Q9 and Q11 ?

The way Q9 and Q11 are connected, there are 4 nodes between
them. If we call the common bases node 1, the common
collectors node 2 , Q9's emitter node 3 and Q11's emitter
node 4, that allows for resistance measurements between
nodes 1 and 2, 1 and 3 , 1 and 4, 2 and 3, 2 and 4, and 3
and 4. Do you want the whole list?

The C is equivalent to a plate on a tube ?

If by C, you mean the collector of a transistor, then yes,
it is similar to the plate on a triode. This is especially
true for NPN transistors, where the collector is usually the
most positive node. The polarity is reversed for PNP
transistors. So the collectors of PNP transistors would be
similar to the plates if the triode were made of anti mater.

The Base ( center connection) is equivalent to the grid,

Yes. Some big differences. The grid operates on voltage
with little bias current, while the base requires
considerable bias current to turn the collector current on.

Emittor ( Cathode ) is the one with the arrow on it ? If I recall.

Right. Arrows pointing out indicates NPN transistors.
Pointing in indicates PNP transistors.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:37:21 -0400, John Popelish wrote:
[...]

A mnemonic for absolute newbies is, NPN = Not Pointing iN, and
PNP = the other one. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes

On 2007-03-23, Rich Grise wrote:

A mnemonic for absolute newbies is, NPN = Not Pointing iN, and
PNP = the other one. ;-)

I say "PNP = Pointing inwards pointer"

have you got one for FETs

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes

On 2007-03-23, Rich Grise wrote:

A mnemonic for absolute newbies is, NPN = Not Pointing iN, and
PNP = the other one. ;-)

I say "PNP = Pointing inwards pointer"

have you got one for FETs

Bye.
Jasen

FETs are easier. When I was a kid I started remembering it simply as N
channel points iN, and P channel looks like it's taking a Pee. I still like
to look at them that way.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes

On 2007-03-23, Rich Grise wrote:

A mnemonic for absolute newbies is, NPN = Not Pointing iN, and
PNP = the other one. ;-)

I say "PNP = Pointing inwards pointer"

have you got one for FETs

The N channel (drain source channel) JFET can more or less be seen as a
diode with source and drain taken each side of the cathode. Which it
almost is physically.

--
Thanks,
Fred.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 07:26:06 GMT, "Tom Del Rosso"

On 2007-03-23, Rich Grise wrote:

A mnemonic for absolute newbies is, NPN = Not Pointing iN, and
PNP = the other one. ;-)

I say "PNP = Pointing inwards pointer"

have you got one for FETs

Bye.
Jasen

FETs are easier. When I was a kid I started remembering it simply as N
channel points iN, and P channel looks like it's taking a Pee. I still like
to look at them that way.

The pointy end of the arrow is always "N"

Non-pointy = "P"

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message
wrote:

FETs are easier. When I was a kid I started remembering it simply
as N channel points iN, and P channel looks like it's taking a Pee.
I still like to look at them that way.

The pointy end of the arrow is always "N"

Non-pointy = "P"

Yeah, but that's for bipolar.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Multimeter Readings on House Wiring [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 26th 07 07:10 PM
ESR readings Mike Electronics Repair 9 December 3rd 06 06:46 PM
Electricity Readings mo UK diy 6 August 27th 06 02:06 PM
Strange leccy meter readings! Philip Thompson UK diy 4 March 2nd 06 12:42 PM
gas meter readings dave UK diy 7 January 18th 05 12:58 PM