Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,rec.audio.tubes
John Popelish John Popelish is offline

Default Any SS foks here : 15003 readings

King of the country of What. wrote:
hi,

Looking at this schematic :

http://www.freewebs.com/willispage8/

What type of ohm reading should I expect across Q9 and Q11 ?

The way Q9 and Q11 are connected, there are 4 nodes between
them. If we call the common bases node 1, the common
collectors node 2 , Q9's emitter node 3 and Q11's emitter
node 4, that allows for resistance measurements between
nodes 1 and 2, 1 and 3 , 1 and 4, 2 and 3, 2 and 4, and 3
and 4. Do you want the whole list?

The C is equivalent to a plate on a tube ?

If by C, you mean the collector of a transistor, then yes,
it is similar to the plate on a triode. This is especially
true for NPN transistors, where the collector is usually the
most positive node. The polarity is reversed for PNP
transistors. So the collectors of PNP transistors would be
similar to the plates if the triode were made of anti mater.

The Base ( center connection) is equivalent to the grid,

Yes. Some big differences. The grid operates on voltage
with little bias current, while the base requires
considerable bias current to turn the collector current on.

Emittor ( Cathode ) is the one with the arrow on it ? If I recall.

Right. Arrows pointing out indicates NPN transistors.
Pointing in indicates PNP transistors.