Wayne Cook

Default Crimping large cable lugs without a crimper

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 04:38:28 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
.. .

| I noticed that the local electric guys use a linoleum knife for
| there stripping and do it like sharpening a pencil.

The keys are sharp blade and the angle must be the right one to cut into
the insulation but not allow the edge to cut into the strands. I think the
linoleum knives have a single sided edge, unlike most knives, correct? That
might be part of the reason they use it.

That and the curved hook blade makes it easier to get around the
wire.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm