N. Thornton

Default Penetrating damp, silicone or paint?

(OldScrawn) wrote in message ...
textured masonry paint

Thanks, that was my first thought too; but someone on uk.rec.equestrian
recommends Thompsons Water Seal, which I have never used before. Decisions
decisions.....

theyre 2 different things. A clear waterproofer looks way better than
paint in most cases. And it doesnt need regular repainting.

The cause of the problem may be poor mortar, if so repointing is the
best solution. 4" walls are very weak when the mortar is unsound.

There can sometimes be problems with applying waterproofers,
particularly to walls with no DPC. It leaves them far less ability to
dry out, thus mould can occur. If this happens, injecting a DPC is
oten effective, and using only breathable paint etc on the interior
may work too.

Regards, NT