lens

Default Source for 3 Phase Motor?

I have had great luck buying motors on ebay. It seems to be an item
that does not get the feeding frenzy that other things do. I have been
the only bidder on several new 3-phase motors and have never paid more
than $50 (with shipping) for 1/2 and 3/4 HP 3-phase motors. Not sure
what 7.5HP would cost, but it is worth checking. BTW, I have converted
my 1-ph lathe and mill TO 3-ph so I can use VFDs for variable speed.
The VFDs were cheap on ebay as well.

JB wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am going to make a rotary phase converter and would like to know if anyone
can tell me of a good source for used 3 phase motors. I live in Middletown,
NJ. I am looking for a 7.5 hp motor.

Many thanks for the help.

Joe...