carl mciver

Default Welder for around $1,000

"Zipper" zipper777ATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message
| I've been trying to get in to welding for awhile now, but have not had the
| funds I needed to buy what I needed.

SNIP

Find something you can afford and make it work. If you've started with the
HF TIG box, I think you're already ahead of the game, because you've already
gotten the feel for things. Take that unteachable knowledge and use it to
find a good tool that fits your budget and needs. Craigslist always seems
to have some interesting things on it, but you have to look and move fast.
I think that skill and experience means a whole lot more than expensive
tools, since that's the one thing you can't run out and buy, you actually
have to earn it.

Something that got pounded into my head as a teenager over and over: "A bad
carpenter always blames his tools." And it is my limited experience that
awesome work has been turned out with clumsy tools that would gag us spoiled
Americans. A good carpenter can make use of whatever tools he can
beg/borrow/steal and still come up with a masterpiece. I'd rather be that
good carpenter who takes great care of his worn saw than someone with a pile
of really, really shiny tools that collect more dust than dents.